The longstanding sports traditions make Dubrovnik extremely attractive for tourists who can try a variety of new fun activities. Dubrovnik sports facilities include a dozen tennis courts and two football fields. Besides, every hotel has its own sports grounds and most city beaches offer recreational water sports equipment for rent: water and jet skis, bananas, kayaks, pedalos, speedboats for parasailing. The Banje and Copacabana beaches are adapted for the amateur "Wild League" water polo games where anyone may take part.
Many popular Dubrovnik water sports are best experienced by joining in tours and excursions offered by local travel agencies. Sea kayaking tours of the coastline or the Elaphite Islands organized by Adria Adventure, Adriatic Kayak Tours and other agencies are often combined with adventure programs including snorkelling and biking. Scuba diving enthusiasts can go to one of the diving clubs (Blue Planet, Navis, Solaris, Nimar) for day and night tours to the coral reefs, caves, walls or the popular merchant ship wreck site.
A delightful sailing trip can be organized by chartering a sailing or motor boat from Navigator, Aurora Maris or other agents. The local rowing and sailing clubs host exciting regattas a few times a year. Windsurfers can find everything they need at the Maka club on the Copacabana beach. One of the most catching Dubrovnik water sports is underwater spearfishing.
The unique fun activities that can be practiced without leaving Dubrovnik are bungee jumping from a city bridge or abseiling down the city wall right next to the main Pile Gate. The various Dubrovnik water sports are excellently supplemented by horse riding and hiking opportunities in the Dubrovnik countryside, particularly Mount Srd and Hill Petka. Another way to relax is the wellness & spa programs of the best Dubrovnik hotels offering body and facial treatments, baths and massages.
- The major Dubrovnik attractions include numberless monumental buildings encompassed by the majestic ramparts.
- Dubrovnik festivals and cultural events are a staggering success with the public every year.
- Dubrovnik restaurants and cafe bars serve natural traditional food, both healthy and tasty.
- The nightlife in Dubrovnik gives a peculiar edge and some special thrill to the daytime adventures.
- Dubrovnik beaches and warm waters encourage sunbathers to make a Dubrovnik travel as early as in April.